Recently, i managed to get my hands on a couple of sachets of the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi Purpose Dry Oil. I used it for my body and in the ends of my fragile hair after aqua running classes at my local pool.
Now I’m not one for being drawn into hypes or fads with beauty items. I like to stick to what i know will work for me; however, i am branching out a bit this year and giving new beauty brands a go.
This has been hit or miss but this time it’s an absolute hit. I am completely in love with this dry oil. I mean totally smitten!!
French Pharmaceutical brands are very popular with bloggers at the moment and i’m beginning to understand why. Great products which work, at affordable prices. That’ll do me.
I have tried Vichy and Ren skin care products as well as Nuxe and have so far been impressed.
History of Nuxe the brand.
Nuxe was started in 1957 by a French Pharmacist who had a fascination with Phytotherapy and Aromatherapy. In 1989 Aliza Jabes revived the brand and turned it into a successful beauty company keeping it’s original ethos and authenticity.
What makes this multi purpose oil so lovely?
- The fragrance for one. It is lovely, light with a slightly floral and olive/almond scent. Very hard to describe but so nice and not overpowering either.
- Its completely non greasy.
- Works wonders throughout the ends of very dry hair like mine without making my fine hair greasy.
- It contains 98% totally natural ingredients and no preservatives.
- It has vitamin E, which is great for aiding in moisture retention in the skin and anti oxidant protection.
- It has six oils including macadamia, sweet almond, sunflower seed, olive, hazelnut and borage seed, St. Johns wart as well as rosemary leaf extract.
- Silicone, mineral and paraben free.
- Skin feels lovely and soft.
- Is gentle enough to be used on the face.
- Drys down very fast and is quicker to apply than body moisturizer
- Comes in spray and splash on versions and a golden shimmer version to apply over a tan.
- It just works!
- It can be expensive. 100ml is £28.00, a little goes a long way though.
- Fragrance is a personal thing. Some may not like it. I love it.
- Will be most effective on normal skin but may struggle on very dry skin.
Why buy it now?
It is currently on offer at http://www.escentual.com. There is one third off all French Pharmacy brands for the month of June 2014. So hurry! because that means almost ten pounds off this beauty. Currently £18.66 and you earn pretty pennies at the same time.
What a fabulous discovery. I love everything French anyway but this is just a lovely product that i am going to continue to use now and in the future. I love the diversity of the oil and how it is produced using natural ingredients which are actually good for the skin.
I like the light fragrance it produces and how soft my hair and skin feels. The fragrance also lasts a good couple of hours on the skin.
I have used both the splash on version and the spray now and love both varieties. It comes in two sizes and is widely available country wide, including http://www.marksandspencer.com, who do good offers occasionally too.
Hope you enjoyed this post and i will see you all soon. 😉
I do not work for the company Escentual, nor have they sponsored me to do this post either. I just think they are offering the best current deal on Nuxe products which are rarely ever on offer.