Chanel Rouge Matte Lipstick Haul 2018………..Eternally Invincible!

Hi Everyone,

I love lipsticks and Chanel have recently released the mini rouge matte collection of lipsticks for 2018. This includes two new formulas to the line; Rouge Allure Velvet Extrème and Rouge Allure Liquid Powder. I bought two lip products. One from each new line.

Rouge Allure Velvet Extrème Intense Matte Lip Colour, 118 Éternel.

This one is a lot like the velvet matte formula with a more intense pigment.

The casing is all black with the typical rouge allure classic packaging only this time, it is matte in appearance. The tube barrel is also black.

Éternel is a gorgeous dusky/nude pink. Not too bright and great for day wear or with a solid eye colour. It will be ideal for light to medium skin tones.

Very pigmented and long wearing, this lipstick feels comfortable on the lips. I thought that the matte appearance did age my heavily lined lips slightly and exfoliating the lips is going to be necessary, because the colour does attach itself to the dry areas a little. There was no bleeding on the outer lip line.

I found that this was the only shade in the new range that wasn’t too bright in colour. I would have liked more options for day wear, but maybe they will come later on.

Rouge Allure Liquid Powder Liquid Matte Lip Colour Powder Effect, 956 Invincible.

This new lip colour is very intriquing. The liquid formula which contains JoJoba oil. It then dries down to a powder on the lips and is long wearing.

I like the squeezy tube packaging which is coloured in the shade it comes in. It has a sponge applicator and the product squeezes through the sponge directly onto the lips.

This formula contains a good range of varying shades and i loved this cool toned red.

What I really love about this lip colour is; you can wear it as a hint of colour to the lips without it being very obvious you’re wearing any lip product at all or; you can intensify it by building to a full lip colour.

What i found a touch weird was; it feels a touch drying on my lips when i apply the full intense amount. Its hard to describe.

Its great to wear with a red lip gloss over to intensify it. Although, i get that it defeats the object a bit.

Final Thoughts.

Theres a lot to like about both formulas of these lip products.

I like the rouge velvet extreme because its highly pigmented and feels very comfortable on the lips. The colour range is quite limited though.

I like the liquid powder because it can be worn without being obvious and this will be great for people who cannot wear makeup in a work environment and want to add a touch of colour to the lips. This is its real value!

The intensity can be easily built up and; there is a great range of shades already available. I did feel it was a tad drying on my lips though.

Take care and i will see you all soon. 😉

10 Comments

1. ladyjickyB
    October 13, 2018 / 2:02 pm

I have finally found you!
    This may not be a good thing Mandy as I am trying to be “good” and use things up but ….. my addiction to lipstick is shocking !!!! LOL
    In your opinion …. what is better – the Chanel Allure Velvet extreme in that dusty rose or the new Dior Ultra in the red case -colour 587 Ultra Appeal. I love a dusty rose .
    I hope I find you well and this new site looks wonderful as do you 🙂

• mirifiquebeauty
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 3:40 pm

The Dior is a better shade and it’s only semi matte, thus making it more flattering on maturing lips. Not that you have them lol.i mean mine. I like the Chanel extreme but don’t feel quite as comfortable on the lip as the Dior one. Saying that, I want the Chanel extreme in Modern too.

2. LADYJICKYB
    October 13, 2018 / 8:29 pm

I am older than you and I have More Mature lips!! LOL
    I am off shopping today and will really look at the Dior stand….. they are doing nice things these days!

• mirifiquebeauty
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 8:42 pm

Yes. Have you seen the Holiday collection that’s coming? No I best not tell you. 😁😘xx

3. LADYJICKYB
    October 13, 2018 / 9:14 pm

Oh….. just a thought…… Princess Eugenie’s looks wonderful and her makeup was just fabulous … I believe it was Bobbi Brown. If your newspapers do an article on her makeup … would you consider doing a post on it ? Love , Melinda

• mirifiquebeauty
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 9:17 pm

Yes, I’ll have to look at what she used. Didn’t mean Markle use BB too? at her wedding.

• LADYJICKYB
        October 13, 2018 / 10:36 pm

No …. she wore Dior Backstage and I have to say …. the foundation is wonderful …. I have it in the colour 1c …. it is light but you can build it up and its kind to older skin. Markle wore the eyeshadows which I did not buy .. they are OK. I do not know about the lipstick she wore.

• mirifiquebeauty
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 10:43 pm

She wore a strong brow and used Charlotte Tilbury Mascara with Bobbie Brown Bronzer, Pink cream blush and a natural pink lip also by BB. A bronze eyeshadow and dark eye pencil.

4. LADYJICKYB
    October 13, 2018 / 10:52 pm

How I wish we had Charlotte Tilbury in the shops here. I know i could go on line but ….things get smashed or lost ….. or worse- they put the wrong stuff in and you have to go back to the post office … yes , I am lazy! LOL Plus ….. when you order online a colour looks good but in “real life” – yuk. We cannot take makeup back unless its damaged but not for “I don’t like the colour ” – tough! LOL
    I think you cannot do that too? Only the US.
    I wonder what the “Natural Pink Lip” was… as BB has so many kinds of lipsticks . Very pretty. I thought the eyebrows where a bit too dark but that is me … was not terrible … I am being picky I guess.

• mirifiquebeauty
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 11:03 pm

I think she likes having a strong brow. I have the same opinion as you, i like a less invasive brow look.
      I like CT but its hit or miss with many of her products. I put her in the MAC/NARS category of makeup. I do like her Eyes to Mesmerize cream eyeshadows though. Not too fussy on the eyeshadow quads and her blushers are supposed to be quite powdery although, each person has their own opinion. I hated the one and only lipstick i bought because it was so sticky and wore off my lips because my lips kept sticking together. I will never buy another one. You are better waiting for her to hit Australia rather than buying blind.